Methodology Revisions: Current Versions Valid Until 30 September
As part of our ongoing work to ensure all program elements meet or exceed evolving best practice, VCS has determined that several methodologies require minor revisions to conform with latest VCS requirements on standardized methods and the timing of crediting from select carbon pools.
These methodologies may complete the required revisions using a streamlined process facilitated by VCS.
Projects may continue using the current versions of these methodologies provided the project validation report is issued by 30 September 2012. Validation reports issued after 30 September 2012 must apply updated versions of the methodologies.
Below is a complete list of the methodologies. Details on each individual methodology can be found on the methodology’s VCS web page.
- VM0003 Methodology for Improved Forest Management through Extension of Rotation Age, v1.0
- VM0005 Methodology for Conversion of Low-productive Forest to High-productive Forest, v1.1
- VM0006 Methodology for Carbon Accounting in Project Activities that Reduce Emissions from Mosaic Deforestation and Degradation, v1.0
- VM0007 REDD Methodology Modules (REDD-MF), v1.1
- VM0008 Methodology for Weatherization of Single and Multi-Family Buildings, v1.0
- VM0009 Methodology for Avoided Mosaic Deforestation of Tropical Forests, v1.1
- VM0010 Methodology for Improved Forest Management: Conversion from Logged to Protected Forest, v1.1
- VM0012 Improved Forest Management on Privately Owned Properties in Temperate and Boreal Forests (LtPF), v1.0
- VM0015 Methodology for Avoided Unplanned Deforestation, v1.0
The following methodology was also reviewed and was found to require no revisions.
Finally, one methodology was reviewed and found to require significant revisions to conform with latest VCS requirements on peatland rewetting and conservation. Revisions to this methodology must go through the VCS methodology approval process.
- VM0004 Methodology for Conservation Projects that Avoid Planned Land Use Conversion in Peat Swamp Forests, v1.0
Projects currently undergoing validation using VM0004 are encouraged to ensure the validation report is issued by 30 September 2012. The current version of VM0004 will be suspended on 30 September and a revised version might not be immediately available. PRC projects may also wish to review three alternative PRC methodologies which are currently under development in the VCS methodology pipeline.
The ongoing review and revision of methodologies is essential to market and environmental integrity. Parties interested in revising a methodology are encouraged to contact VCS for more information. VCS will make every effort to facilitate methodology revisions.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.