The seventh session of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Further Commitments for Annex I Parties under the Kyoto Protocol (AWG-KP 7) has been finished...
As expected, a lot of interesting things happend:
- South Africa speaking on behalf of China and the Group of 77 nations damanded to cancel any climate change talks on land use, land use change and forestry for industrialized countries (read more here)
- "The bar" was formally presented by the EU, Tuvalu and Canada made their points
- Some climate activism took place e.g. the EU got's "The fossil of the day" for proposing the idea of "The bar"
- The AWF-KP group produced a so called "non-paper" - just for discussion purpose
- CAN (Climate Action Network) came up with a first impact estimation of LULUCF negotiations based on "The bar
Currently there is two interesting sources you can read more on what happend in Bonn:
Stay tuned to get more in-depth information on results at ForestIndustrie.EU!
AWG-KP 7 Climate talks in Bonn finished