UNFCCC Publishes Copenhagen Meeting Reports
5 February 2010: The UNFCCC Secretariat has published the report of the tenth session of Ad Hoc Working Group on Further Commitments for Annex I Parties under the Kyoto Protocol (AWG-KP) (FCCC/KP/AWG/2009/17) and the report of the eighth session of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Long-term Cooperative Action (AWG-LCA) (FCCC/AWGLCA/2009/17), which were held in Copenhagen, Denmark, from 7-15 December 2009.
Annex I of the AWG-KP report contains draft decisions on:
- amendments to the Kyoto Protocol pursuant to its Article 3, paragraph 9;
- land use, land-use change and forestry (LULUCF);
- emissions trading and the project-based mechanisms;
- and other issues and potential consequences.
Annex I of the AWG-LCA report contains draft decisions presented to the Conference of the Parties at its 15th session for consideration and adoption on:
- outcome of the work of the AWG-LCA; enhanced action on adaptation;
- enhanced action on the provision of financial resources and investment;
- enhanced action on technology development and transfer; enhanced action on capacity building;
- nationally appropriate mitigation actions (NAMAs) by developing country parties
- mechanism to record NAMAs and facilitate provision and recording of support;
- policy approaches and positive incentives on issues relating to reducing emissions from deforestation and forest degradation in developing countries (REDD);
- the role of conservation, sustainable management of forests and enhancement of forest carbon stocks in developing countries;
- enhanced national/international action on mitigation of climate change:
- economic and social consequences of response;
- and various approaches, including opportunities for using markets, to enhance the cost-effectiveness of, and to promote, mitigation actions.