British Columbia: Mid-Term Timber Supply Project
In response to concerns expressed by local communities, Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations staff have been analyzing potential opportunities to increase timber supply.
A draft summary of detailed technical analyses for the Lakes, Prince George, Quesnel and Williams Lake timber supply areas has been prepared. This draft report is just one piece of information that government will be examining.
A fulsome public dialogue will commence shortly to consider how best to mitigate the economic impacts of the mountain pine beetle.
Mid-Term Timber Supply Project Report
- Appendix 1 – October 2010 Letter from Minister to Chief Forester
- Appendix 2 – Terms of Reference for Technical Working Groups
- Appendix 3 – Socio-Economic Assessment Information Note
- Appendix 4 – Lakes TSA Technical Working Group Report
- Appendix 5 – Prince George TSA Technical Working Group Report
- Appendix 6 – Quesnel TSA Technical Working Group Report
- Appendix 7 – Williams Lake TSA Technical Working Group Report
- Appendix 8 – Post-Mountain Pine Beetle Recreational Usage Survey
- Appendix 9 – Non-Timber Values Implications
- Appendix 10 – Major Projects in Skeena, Omineca and Cariboo Regions
- Investments to Limit Impacts of Pine Beetle